From the design mind of Alexander Shorokhoff, inspired by the spirit and times of a country that burgeoned ahead in the fields of Science, Politics, the Arts – the CCCP watch collection draws its design inspiration from the life and times of a significant part of the modern political era of the Soviet Union.
It was the Soviet Union that launched the first man made object into space.
It was Yuri Gagarin, the cosmonaut who took with him the hopes and dreams of mankind ashe become the first human being into space – breaking free from the Earth below.
CCCP timepieces celebrate this and also the order of timekeeping and watchmaking from the storied houses of Soviet watchmakers.
Inspired by the above – we present a collection of aesthetic uniqueness, quality in workmanship borne by a legacy of the solid industrial machine of the Soviet Union that turned its prowess in engineering and design into the world of timekeeping.
HISTORY of the SLAVA WATCH FACTORY
The 2nd Moscow Watch Factory is the home of Slava – Слава- Glory watches and clocks. The factory started as the "State Trust for Precision Mechanics – Gostrest Tochmek" in 1924 and in 1930 became the 2nd Moscow Watch Factory. During the 1930s the factory developed wrist watches, alarm, wall and car clocks, pocket watches and chess clocks.
At the beginning of the World War 2, the factory was evacuated to Chistopol and concentrated its production on the war effort. This not only included watches for military staff but also, timers and fuses for missiles and other technical military apparatus. As the factory was key to the military, control briefly passed to the Ministry of Armaments.
Following the war, the factory produced watches under the names of Victory and Salute. By the 1950s, the name Slava had been adopted. The factory also briefly produced watches under the name START.
As well as producing wrist watches, the factory was also prolific in producingclocks, mainly alarm clocks and wall clocks. Both watches and clocks from the factory were exported abroad, not only to the Warsaw Pact countries but also to western countries such as the United Kingdom, France and Germany. One of the strongest links to the west was the production of Slava watches for the British Company Sekonda. This relationship lasted from the 1960s until the collapse of the USSR.
The old factory building in Moscow has recently been demolished but the Slava company continues to produce watches.